What does this mean? What does it look like? How do I live it out?
Webster defines trust as:
b : one in which confidence is placed
2
a : dependence on something future or contingent : hope
Trust means resting in the knowledge that God will meet all my needs. It means not worrying, not being consumed by the thought that he will not provide. It means going where he says. But what if he calls you to go somewhere where it doesn’t APPEAR like he will take care of you? What if all the signs say that he is not in the midst? What if you go where he calls and it seems that he is not part of it? What if the money does not come in? What if you have to lay your desires and whole life on the altar? What if he waits until the last minute to show up? Did I not want to be in that place? The place that God has to show up? How many times have I prayed for that? But it is one thing to think you want it, to say you want to trust God completely, it is something else to DO it- to rely on him.
Lord, overcome my unbelief. I want to trust you. I really do, but it is hard. What if the money does not come in? What if the refrigerator is empty? What if you don’t show up? I keep thinking of the stories in the Old Testament, of when you told Abraham to put Isaac on the altar. Lord, it wasn't until the last possible minute that you showed up. Isaac was on the altar, knife in the air, and then you provided the lamb. Wow. Lord, I know you can do all things- that you have a plan when I can’t see it, that you will provide when I don’t feel it. I am afraid, Lord. I struggle to trust you. My faith is so small. Lord, be bigger than my weakness. Show your strength in spite of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment