"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
As I said earlier, the past couple months have really been difficult. I've been questioning this calling God has put on my heart to love orphans. And he has gently reminded me over and over that HE HAS A PLAN! Not only a plan, an AMAZING plan. One that does not end here. It does not stop because I've finished my commitment with at this job. Instead, he has something more for me. I wish I knew what it was at this moment. It feels like I am stumbling around in the dark, trying to figure out what is next. But it isn't about what is next, it is about what is right now. The kid that is walking in the door in tears because she had a rough day and the little boy I tuck in at night and pray with because he has bad dreams. It is so easy to lose sight on what is in front of me because I am so busy figuring out what is next! So, I'm trusting God, one day at a time. It is hard, especially when the days are long and the people around me are not so nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment