"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
Monday, July 11, 2011
Mexico bound...
A couple of months ago I began searching for a place to serve. My heart is definitely created to love orphans and care for them. That is what brought me to Texas to Boys and Girls Country. And now after three years I am ready for a global perspective. My world has become the fence line at the edge of our property and I long to see the world beyond the gates. To see God working in the rest of the world. So, in searching I came across a ministry in Mexico. They work with local orphanages to meet their physical, emotional, spiritual, and financial needs to keep the homes running. They are the hands and feet of God in their community. On Friday morning, I will board a plane to head to Monterrey, Mexico and for the following week I will serve however they need. If it is cleaning toilets, that is what I will do, if it is playing soccer with the kids, that is what I will do. My hope in all this is to get to know the ministry. To meet those working there, to possibly build relationships with them and go back again and ultimately, see God outside of my little world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment